Columbus Immigration Attorney
If you are a family member seeking to change your US immigration status, a Jay Perez immigration lawyer can help.
Drawing from decades of combined experience, our immigration attorneys handle a broad spectrum of legal immigration issues for national, state, and even international business clients. We can also provide legal counsel for all family immigration matters. Our family based immigration attorneys possess the seasoned experience and empathy needed to offer strong representation for a wide range of family immigration cases. Such cases may span everything from the sensitivity of a battered spouse or children matter to the procedural complexity of an adjustment of status or petition for immigration status for a loved one.
Whether your challenge is international, national, or based right here in Ohio, one of our Columbus immigration attorneys is available to assist you. We’re available 24/7 for consultation every day of the year, and we have a same-day response policy.
Learn more about Jay Perez Law and see why we have become the leading immigration law attorney in Columbus. When you’re ready, contact us to schedule your one-on-one consultation with a professional immigration attorney.
Immigration Lawyer Skills and Locations
In addition to the immigration law focus of our Columbus immigration attorneys, Jay Perez Law also concentrates on domestic matters, criminal defense, and the criminal appeals process. With respect to immigration law specifically, our Ohio immigration lawyers offer a considerable depth of legal knowledge and courtroom experience in state and federal legislation — including the following:
- DACA immigration lawyers, with a concentration on seeking deferred action for childhood arrivals.
- Family based immigration attorneys, offering legal representation for battered spouses and children, petitions for loved ones and family members, and naturalization.
- Columbus immigration lawyers experienced in human trafficking cases both within Ohio and nationally.
- Immigration lawyers with in-depth knowledge of the deportation legal defense process.
- Business immigration lawyers, concentrating on investment visas and a wide range of other visa types for both domestic and commercial purposes.
Read on to learn more about each of these legal services.
DACA Immigration Lawyer
A Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) is best described as temporary relief for undocumented individuals who were brought to the United States as children. DACA gives these undocumented immigrants both protection from deportation and a work permit for two years, subject to renewal. The DACA process is convoluted. An immigration lawyer in Ohio — such as all our lawyers working on the Jay Perez legal team — can help you navigate this process with full consideration of the many state-level nuances.
Family Based Immigration Attorney
A family based immigration attorney can offer you strong legal representation for battered spouses, children or parents seeking an immigration visa petition under the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA), as amended by the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA). Our team of Columbus immigration attorneys understand the importance of preserving the abused party’s safety and have the skills and experience to pursue the legal matter with sensitivity and discretion. Help is also available from the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-799-7233 or 1-800-787-3224 (TDD).
Human Trafficking Immigration Attorney
The International Labor Organization estimates that there are 40.3 million victims of human trafficking globally, with hundreds of thousands in the US. The victims of this crime are men and women, adults and children, foreign nationals, and US citizens. At Jay Perez Law, we’re passionate about human rights and social justice issues; a skilled immigration lawyer is available 24/7 to offer you dedicated legal representation. If you or someone you know is a victim of human trafficking, contact the National Human Trafficking Hotline via their website, or call 1-888-373-7888.
Deportation Defense Immigration Lawyers
If you’re undocumented (meaning you have no legal immigration status), a Jay Perez Law immigration attorney may be able to mount a successful legal defense on your behalf. Here are some of the legal services we can provide:
- Temporary Protected Status (TPS): A foreign country may gain Temporary Protected Status (TPS) if local conditions are unsafe or unstable. Our Ohio-based immigration lawyers can work with you to determine your eligibility and initiate legal proceedings on your behalf.
- Cancellation of Removal: Cancellation of Removal is an immigration benefit that allows permanent and nonpermanent residents to apply to have their status amended from deportable alien to lawfully admitted immigration status. An exacting set of conditions must be met. Our Columbus, Ohio immigration lawyers are skilled in navigating this system to prove an Ohio resident’s eligibility. We can also help with a discretionary Stay of Removal, a more temporary measure that buys precious time before we pursue permanently amended immigration status.
- Immigration appeals: An appeal is an application to reconsider a denied immigration petition. Immigration appeals require representation from an immigration lawyer with an immense breadth of experience in the immigration appeals process. The Jay Perez legal team includes family based immigration attorneys who have successfully negotiated many immigration appeals for our clients. We have an intricate knowledge of how to build a successful case.
- Immigration bonds: If you’ve received a call that a loved one has been arrested by Immigrations and Customs Enforcement, we understand that you may not know where to turn. By turning to Jay Perez Law for help, you gain access to an immigration lawyer in Columbus. By choosing skilled local legal representation you benefit from easier communication and a swifter resolution for you and your loved one.
Visa Immigration Attorneys in Columbus Ohio
Jay Perez Law includes some of the most experienced immigration lawyers Columbus Ohio has to offer for visas and full naturalization. Here are some of our areas of focus:
- Naturalization: Naturalization refers to a lawful permanent resident becoming a US citizen, which is the primary path to citizenship for individuals born outside of the U.S. The naturalization process can be complex, but an experienced immigration law attorney can help you determine your eligibility and, if you are eligible, help you with the naturalization process.
- Fiancé(e) petition: If you are a U.S. citizen seeking to bring your foreign fiancé to the US to get married, you will need to file an I-129F, Petition For Alien Fiancé Form. This is the first step required to obtain a K-1 nonimmigrant visa for your loved one. Our family based immigration attorneys can help you move swiftly through this process, helping you start your new life together sooner.
- Petition for alien relative: Form I-130, officially known as the “Petition for Alien Relative” or simply referred to as the “I-130 petition,” is used to establish that a valid family relationship exists between a US citizen or Green Card holder and a family member. The procedures guiding an I-130 application are complex and time-consuming. Jay Perez Law immigration attorneys are experienced in navigating the formidable petition process.
You can also talk to a Jay Perez immigration attorney if you’re interested in any of the following:
- Investor visas: Also known as the EB-5 Program.
- Employment visas: Comprising EB-1 to EB-5, along with H-1B, H-2A, and H-2B.
- Entertainment and athlete visas: Including all P-1 Program visa classifications.
- Visas for religious workers: A special immigration category introduced to the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) in 1990.
Contact Our Top Immigration Attorneys in Columbus Today
When faced with an immigration legal challenge, the first thing you should do is find a first-rate immigration lawyer to support your cause. At Jay Perez law, we offer years of legal acumen in immigration law. We’re deeply committed to successfully guiding our clients through its many legal complexities. With our 24/7 accessibility, unswerving commitment to social justice, and technologically cutting-edge approach to running a business, we’re confident we can give you the strong representation you deserve.
Contact us to learn more, and schedule your free consultation.