Jay was born and raised in New York City. Jay graduated from Florida Atlantic University with a Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice. He earned his Juris Doctor from Capital Law. Jay is the Principal at Jay Perez Law where he has practiced in the areas of Immigration, Criminal Defense, Domestic Relations, and Appeals for the past 24 years. Prior to attending law school, Jay was a police officer in New York City and in South Florida.
Jay is a highly experienced and skilled attorney who is passionate about his work and his clients. Jay has been successful due to his innovative approach and understanding that successful lawyering is about relationship building with all entities involved. Further, Jay understands the importance of remaining extremely accessible and transparent with his clients.
Jay is the son of Cuban immigrants and Spanish was his first language and the only language that was spoken in his home growing up. Due to his upbringing, Jay has a deep connection and drive to assist immigrants. Further, his experience as a police officer has proven to be an invaluable asset to his criminal defense clients because of his unique perspective on how the system “works”.
Jay is a powerful advocate for his clients and gets results regardless of the area of law. Jay runs a results-oriented practice that offers real solutions to real-world problems.
“Lawyering is not just the study of law, it’s an art.” – Jay Perez
- Juris Doctor, Capital Law
- Bachelor of Science, Florida Atlantic University
- State Bar of Ohio
- State Bar of New York
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- The United States Supreme Court
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Columbus Bar Fellow
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers